People Encouraging People - Disappointed | Glassdoor

"Disappointed"

I have been working at People Encouraging People full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helped me to strengthen my awareness for the need for additional supportive services for the areas growing homeless and mentally disabled population.

Cons

More awareness needs to be given to the professional ethic standards set for all vocational services offered and the standards need to be respected and followed. More awareness for the on-going need for Human Resource training of management staff.

Advice to Management

Better screening in the hiring process of potential employees. Thorough 'private' investigation needed of site management and observation of daily operations. The purpose of which is to identifying and address any and all potentially harmful behaviors e.g. old school militant tactics and personal bias used on employees and consumers alike and abuse of power issues within the leadership role.

Other Employee Reviews for People Encouraging People

1. "Okay place to start"

Pros

Paid what I needed even though probably higher than average salary

Cons

too much work with no time, everything is about billable visits rather than on care of client's needs

2. "Case Manager - Outreach"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

This is a great job if you truly want to help people who are desperately in need of assistance and guidance.

Cons

This is organization has a large female managers pool with a very low 3% ratio of men in managerial positions.

Also internal hiring practices are sought out via nepotism and cronyism hiring practices. The work environment can at times be very hostile between manager and their subordinates.

PEP is well known for its poor customer service response times and internal administrative lag.

Advice to Management

I would make the environment performance based and eliminate the cronyism that exist within the hiring and firing arena. Also I would revamp the internal structure and overhaul the administrative staff to better serve both the customers and the employees. I would also look at hiring more qualified male managers to create a fair and equal work environment.