PeoplePerHour - Exhausting working hours | Glassdoor

"Exhausting working hours"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Athens (Greece)
Former Employee - Web Developer in Athens (Greece)

I worked at PeoplePerHour full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What I liked most in peopleperhour is that it serves a higher purpose, trying its best to provide tools to people to earn money by using their talents. As an employee there, I had the chance to work in a very good engineering team with good communication and cooperation.

Cons

Many working hours, even weekends, with no perks in result burning the team and making employees quitting their job. Using agile terminology as an excuse to change company's plans and goals very often and applying pressure to their employees. The whole management team where inexperience, unable to run an international project and make it grow. Unable to define company's course. Poor organization and lack of creativity.

Advice to Management

Reduce the working hours and give a chance to your employees to get a breath. Stop the excuses and promises that you can't keep, and hire people who can manage company's resources efficiently.

Other Employee Reviews for PeoplePerHour

"No appreciation for employees"

Former Employee - Senior Web Developer in Athens (Greece)
    Former Employee - Senior Web Developer in Athens (Greece)

I worked at PeoplePerHour full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PPH had a lot of good people working there when i was an employee. There was good cooperation between us, even if the management was very bad.

Cons

The management didn't appreciate the employees. Minimum working hours per day 9.5 + some weekends with no extra compensation. They were easily firing people, especially those who weren't legally entitled of compensation. Constant pressure. Bad organization. Company plan and goals changing every now and then. Non-reliable.

2. "Professional and Downhearting"

Current Freelancer - Freelancer in East Prairie, MO
    Current Freelancer - Freelancer in East Prairie, MO

I have been working at PeoplePerHour (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of jobs to choose from. Option to get paid by different ways. Prefer that all communication is done between buyer and seller of services be done on the website instead of through other sites for seller of services protection. They have a refer a friend program and also a way that you can share your professional profile on other sites such as facebook, linkedin and twitter.

Cons

They do not have a way for the seller to mark the jobs complete once the services are done. By this not being able to be done sellers are not able to qualify for the free job proposal services. I feel like they need to have more sites to share the profile to

Advice to Management

Please provide some sort of system so that the sellers can mark that the work has been completed so that we can get paid and show that our jobs have been done to the buyers because a lot of times they dont check if it is compliance calling or telemarketing, Please add more sites to add the profile to.