PeopleReady - Good for quick cash | Glassdoor

"Good for quick cash"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, IL

I worked at PeopleReady full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Labor Ready was good for quick cash if you couldn't find any other work.
You can find try different tasks to see what kind of work interests you.
A person can acquire different skills to make themselves marketable.
Flexibility in work schedule if you are looking for something permanent or retired.

Cons

The employee is always going to be paid minimum wage even if the person is a skilled employee. The employee had to show up an hour to two hours early to see if they were going to have work for the day. If you drive 15 to 30 miles daily you lost money due to the gas if there was no job for you. You would work 8 hours that day, then having to show up at the office and wait another hour to get paid. There were no benefits and the person working there was always going to live in poverty.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like assets, not parasites. Appreciate the employee for taking time out of their lives to earn you revenue. Have sympathy for these people because they are only trying to put food on the tables.

Other Employee Reviews for PeopleReady

"Uncertainty on structure of the company"

Former Employee - Staffing Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Staffing Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at PeopleReady full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always changes. I enjoy changing things up and trying new things. The past 3 years I was filling jobs for day labor than told no more, than it was truck driver jobs to none at all, than focus on skilled labor than told not to do that anymore. I like to learn new things and we always have webinars, training, reading, and internal testing. Some opportunities to advance if willing to move or if you are a "politician". Upper management makes decent money.

Cons

Incompetent managers that were not able to do the job themselves. Expect to work many hours. Revenue over all else, including customer satisfaction. When a customer needs someone, we will send the next person that walks through the door even if they have no experience. The company that bought Spartan doesn't seem like it knows what direction to go in with so many subsidiaries.

Advice to Management

You are losing good employees with ethics that would rather help the company be successful than to play politics. Are the managers in place really the best people you have or are you stuck with them due to HR laws?

2. "Labor Wait"

I have been working at PeopleReady (More than a year)

Pros

quick cash varying job oppertunity

Cons

if you can get out

Advice to Management

do your job and find work