PeopleScout - Good to gain experience and then move on | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for PeopleScout

"Good to gain experience and then move on"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at PeopleScout full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will gain industry experience and learn a lot of skills.

Cons

Company does not recognize employees efforts, either with salary/benefits or praise, does not give employees the tools needed to be more effective at their jobs.

Advice to Management

Upgrade infrastructure, invest in equipment and people.

Other Employee Reviews for PeopleScout

"This Place Is a Joke!"

Pros

There is absolutely nothing professional or ethical about this company.

Cons

Honestly, not enough room to scribe all the things wrong this company. I have NEVER in my life had such a horrible experience. I was hired for a special project as a virtual recruiter, flown into Chicago to meet with the client to gain insight and make inquiries. All I did for 2 days was staple papers and tap my pen on a desk because it was a waste of my time and company money to bring me up there. The kicker to this whole thing, when I left the company, the very client they brought me on for had never signed a contract and I, after working on this "RPO" for 5 months had to explain to the client what an RPO was. The apparent "stellar" (sarcasm) sales team failed to mention to the RPO client what an RPO actually was. When I explained this to the client he told me that they would never do that. Interesting, I was hired as an RPO recruiter just for that account! I learned absolutely nothing here at this company except a great reminder of what I don't want in an organization. Management and Executives have selective amnesia. Beware of this company, incredibly unethical!

Advice to Management

Stop trying to make recruiting an automated beast of a system with telemarketers funneling candidates through a system. Recruiting is real profession conducted my professionals.

"Not a lot of opportunity, weak managers"

Former Contractor - Virtual Recruiter
    Former Contractor - Virtual Recruiter

I worked at PeopleScout as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Offers a Virtual recruitment opportunity

Cons

Haven't worked with many managers who truly know how to motivate and lead a virtual team. Many managers run their teams like they're a bunch of people who've never worked a job, allowing a very unbalanced workload for some recruiters for many months, while letting other team members skate by with few reqs and low productivity. Also not a lot of professional behavior modeled by managers - won't tell a team that a particular colleague has left and after people find out, are told to not say anything to clients about people's departures. They also support not being truthful with what resources are available to support client's work and often put the recruiting team in the awkward and very unethical place of being upfront about the status of resources.

Questionable labor practices - many teammates have worked over 40 hours a week and have never been paid for it, although we are w2 hourly employees. Some managers say they tell people not to work 40 hours, knowing there's no way the work and goals can get done in that amount of time. These managers have often come back to state goals are not being met and you need to do 'whatever it takes' to meet the goal or else, be worried that your employment may end. And of course they don't modify the goals at all to a realistic level.

Advice to Management

Hire real managers with demonstrated, positive track records of managing virtual teams. It also helps to do a 360 review on managers, and not base effectiveness just by whether they lead a team that secured new or additional business from a client.