Pep Boys - Ok job | Glassdoor

"Ok job"

Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Mobile, AL
Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Pep Boys part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My managers are very flexible with my life and my school schedule they are open for 13 hours a day so there are plenty of hours available.

Cons

pay, stress. dealing with people who are mad at the world because their car broke down. Argueing with people over how much something costs even though you already beat the competition in price by a large margin customers will still try to talk you down and just be rude to you. No medical benefits offered for part time workers. also working on commission dealing with co workers who try to steal your sales is a real bummer and can create tension sometimes.

Advice to Management

1st of all i would say make estimates and prices non negotiable unless you are price-matching. It makes me sick when i see three different people at three different registers paying three different prices for the same work. 2nd would be to get rid of commission or at least give the option to work hourly. the hours i work is 3-close and there are way less opportunities to earn commission compared to the people who work 7-4. i bust my butt to earn just a fraction of the commission that they do just because there are not that many customers at that time of day.

Other Employee Reviews for Pep Boys

1. "Company seems to be righting the ship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Pep Boys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company has a young, enthusiastic management team that is trying to find the right solutions. Recently has begun to focus on moving the company forward with focus on e-commerce and online reputation management.
    Executive Management does a good job communicating on a quaterly basis through town hall meetings.

Cons

Spending is tight so it is hard to get funding for initiatives without a clear ROI.
    Leadership development and advancement in the field operation seems strong, but is more challenging in corporate positions.

2. "So far so good"

Current Employee - Cashier in Turnersville, NJ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Turnersville, NJ

I have been working at Pep Boys part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are rather laid back. All the people at my store pull their own weight. We do have an older guy who is a little old fashion and doesn't want women doing more than he thinks they can. And they work around my schedule so I can have someone to watch my son while I'm working.

Cons

Sometimes too laid back. You can ring yourself out with food and drink. And while they say managers are the only ones who can open a door without a sale is a lie.

Advice to Management

Be a little more attentive. When an employee suggests something, try to follow through. I have having to ask over and over again.