Pep Boys - Pep Boys is a dissent company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pep Boys

"Pep Boys is a dissent company to work for."

Current Employee - Assistant Service Manager in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Assistant Service Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Pep Boys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will learn to manage a service department and will learn how to sale and deal with "real customers".

Cons

The base salary and specially the commissions depends on the location and traffic of the store. Also, upper management change the business strategy to much.

Other Employee Reviews for Pep Boys

1. "Asst Service Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Service Manager in Bossier City, LA
    Former Employee - Assistant Service Manager in Bossier City, LA

I worked at Pep Boys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hours I enjoyed because I stayed busy

Cons

Company just to wish washy in changing things over and over attempting to find something they think works better but the processes failed each and every-time

2. "Ok job"

Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Pep Boys part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My managers are very flexible with my life and my school schedule they are open for 13 hours a day so there are plenty of hours available.

Cons

pay, stress. dealing with people who are mad at the world because their car broke down. Argueing with people over how much something costs even though you already beat the competition in price by a large margin customers will still try to talk you down and just be rude to you. No medical benefits offered for part time workers. also working on commission dealing with co workers who try to steal your sales is a real bummer and can create tension sometimes.

Advice to Management

1st of all i would say make estimates and prices non negotiable unless you are price-matching. It makes me sick when i see three different people at three different registers paying three different prices for the same work. 2nd would be to get rid of commission or at least give the option to work hourly. the hours i work is 3-close and there are way less opportunities to earn commission compared to the people who work 7-4. i bust my butt to earn just a fraction of the commission that they do just because there are not that many customers at that time of day.