PepsiCo - Rewarding, challenging. | Glassdoor

"Rewarding, challenging."

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager

Pros

People are excellent and competent. Culture of inclusion, taking ownership and pride in what we do.

Cons

Work life balance is a challenge. High performance culture where it makes it difficult to keep normal hours. Hourly folks are treated well, have some opportunities with salaried folks.

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

"Worst Job Experience Ever"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager

Pros

Benefits were competitive and you will eventually need them as the work environment would cause heart failure. Strong brand.

Cons

Oppressive culture, poor HR leadership, punishes innovative thinking, disrespect of employees is tolerated by VP level HR, lack of leadership. These are a few of the descriptors i would use to sum up my experience at PBG. Do not go to work for this company if you have your on views of how HR should work, because they don't care! Conform to the program or be prepared to be punished. HR Director in my area was a legacy problem child that the VP had no backbone to deal with. You were expected to do as you were told and give "updates" every 10 minutes (micro manager). VP recieved this feedback during my exit interview and had no courage to take action on the toxic manager. I celebrated the day I found a new job and enjoyed telling my former boss I would be her peer in my new role outside of Pepsi. This company will absolutely suck the life out of you and has to be one of the worst places to work I have ever experienced.

Advice to Management

Fire or retire poisonous HR personalities. Empower lower level employees to make decisions. Not every great idea comes from NY!

2. "Good Working Environment"

Current Employee - IT Analyst
    Current Employee - IT Analyst

Pros

Learn on the job, career growth, great workplace. Also they show you the tools and resources needed to succeed on the job. Yearly performance reviews are very detailed and understandable.

Cons

Since teams are very large, you must set yourself apart to standout from the rest. Since decisions are not entriely up to you, you must jusify your ideas, and be confident in your work.

Advice to Management

To alocate resources to the brands that needs to be recoginzed. Instead of created new brands, work on existing brands therefore all products can simultaneously perform well.