PepsiCo - Very rewarding | Glassdoor

"Very rewarding"

Current Employee - Associate Marketing Manager in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Associate Marketing Manager in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Great benefits and opportunity to move up in the company. Encourage educational fufillment.

Cons

make take some time to move up. Communication chains can be a problem.

Advice to Management

Will help you when needed. Encouraging to be successful.

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

1. "great people"

Former Employee - Operations Resource in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Operations Resource in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

The people are the best. I would challenge anyone to find better people. Love to win - Culture is great very people friendly

Cons

Demanding - Not fair with promotions - Some leaders don't pull there fair share and expect others to pull more then there share.

Advice to Management

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

"Dysfunctional Fun"

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Boylston, MA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Boylston, MA

Pros

A good physical work-out, relatively simple mindless work, decent pay. It takes some time to get into shape; they give you 3 months to ramp up your numbers.

Cons

I was a part-time worker, and there is a definite double-standard between full and part-time. You need to drink the kool-aid and deliver, but even that wasn't enough in some cases. I saw people fired and/or punished (a weeks suspension) despite being a long-term (years +) employee. Most people, myself included, last only a few months. It was weeks before I found someone who was more than 6 months employed. I was fired because I needed to change my availability.
    Very strange culture of micro-measurement of performance.
    Generically a bullying culture, where people were supposed to feel guilty, work perpetually faster and more accurately, while management claims to be willing to do anything to support success, but never actually does anything to fix a real problem, or even create a positive atmosphere. Literally working without totes to put the product into (using cardboard which slows the rate), you couldn't find a pen or a clipboard to save your life, yet you would waste hours in meetings. A mindless 'by the books' corporate attitude, except when it didn't suit them. Kind of psycho. Lot's of corporate training at the beginning about pepsico values, very little on the floor where you need it. Glad to be gone.

Advice to Management

Get a moral conscience. The lowest paid, hardest working people are not a profit center. Stop squeezing profits from the bottom workers. Pay a decent wage, work at a reasonable rate of speed, work a full shift and manage people's time better. This could have been a fun long-term job for many people, but management is dysfunctional.