PepsiCo - Great pay and compensation but no life... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

"Great pay and compensation but no life..."

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Bemidji, MN
Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Bemidji, MN

Pros

Great pay and benefits can't be beat! It is a great job and if done properly the physical activity will add years to your mobility.

Cons

No life balance... Expect to work a minimum 55 hours a week and I have hit 80 before during the busy times of year. Management really ruins the experience, never being satisfied and constantly pushing you. If you don't get on to the management track when your first hired then moving up in the company is almost out of the question.

Even with their great benefits they don't expect people to stay there long enough to become vested in their programs.

Advice to Management

Start promoting from within the company. There are several people in my roll that have Bachelor degrees and would be great in management and operations! Yet you hire young kids that have no work experience and are just dragging the company down.

Be honest with your employees and stop lying to them, we are smart enough to know when the wool is being pulled over our eyes and it is disrespectful.

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

1. "Unbelievable brand but the company bureaucracy makes it a difficult place to advance."

Former Employee - Key Account Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Key Account Manager in Miami, FL

Pros

Great health benefits. Coverage for a family is comprehensive and affordable. Career advancement is only possible with the right support.

Cons

Work/life balance gets compromised because of very early morning start times and long days. Be prepared to arrive before 7 AM and not leave before 6 PM.

Advice to Management

Make time to work with new team members on critical projects to ensure that objectives are properly accomplished.

"Terrible Experience Slimy Company"

Current Contractor - Microbiologist in Valhalla, NY
    Current Contractor - Microbiologist in Valhalla, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Safe environment other than that not many positives. It had better be considering they don't give most of their science staff health insurance.

Cons

Perma-temps:

Pepsi is a deeply delusional company. They love to give themselves kudos as an ethical company when in practice they are quite the opposite. Walk around Barrington, IL or Valhalla, NY and everyone is a "contractor" especially their science staff. Pepsi loves to use temp agencies to shield themselves from employer laws and having to provide benefits.

They treat their contractors terribly to avoid getting sued like Microsoft. They make a point of excluding them from any social events and kick them out of meetings because they don't trust them with sensitive information despite signing a nondisclosure agreement. They also almost never hire them permanently. Some people have been there as a "temp" for 3 years or more. Most eventually quit and either get another job or leave the field.

I hold post graduate level education in science and I hated working for Pepsi so much I was planning going back to school for a business degree and a career change. I will never eat or drink a Pepsi product again. I also will never allow my children pursue a career in science because of scumbag companies like Pepsi.

Advice to Management

Your delusional claims about being ethical gets very old very fast. Is it really a wise business practice to fill your company with workers who have no stake in Pepsi's success and hate your guts for cheating them?