PepsiCo - Terrible Experience Slimy Company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

"Terrible Experience Slimy Company"

Current Contractor - Microbiologist in Valhalla, NY
Current Contractor - Microbiologist in Valhalla, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Safe environment other than that not many positives. It had better be considering they don't give most of their science staff health insurance.

Cons

Perma-temps:

Pepsi is a deeply delusional company. They love to give themselves kudos as an ethical company when in practice they are quite the opposite. Walk around Barrington, IL or Valhalla, NY and everyone is a "contractor" especially their science staff. Pepsi loves to use temp agencies to shield themselves from employer laws and having to provide benefits.

They treat their contractors terribly to avoid getting sued like Microsoft. They make a point of excluding them from any social events and kick them out of meetings because they don't trust them with sensitive information despite signing a nondisclosure agreement. They also almost never hire them permanently. Some people have been there as a "temp" for 3 years or more. Most eventually quit and either get another job or leave the field.

I hold post graduate level education in science and I hated working for Pepsi so much I was planning going back to school for a business degree and a career change. I will never eat or drink a Pepsi product again. I also will never allow my children pursue a career in science because of scumbag companies like Pepsi.

Advice to Management

Your delusional claims about being ethical gets very old very fast. Is it really a wise business practice to fill your company with workers who have no stake in Pepsi's success and hate your guts for cheating them?

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

1. "Positive"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in West Palm Beach, FL

Pros

Learning experience and company's size

Cons

Slow decision making process, unclear strategy

2. "great"

Current Employee - RSA in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - RSA in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros

Hours, pay, advancement, benefits, big company

Cons

Long hours, have to wait for positions to open,

Advice to Management

Career advancement advice