PepsiCo - Great place to work - but watch for burnout! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

"Great place to work - but watch for burnout!"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Purchase, NY
Current Employee - Finance Manager in Purchase, NY

Pros

PepsiCo is a constantly evolving work environment. Large organization with positions within domestic or international areas. There are numerous opportunities to gain experience and many driven and highly competent individuals to work with. Employees are treated with respect and professionalism.

Cons

PepsiCo's divisions still tend to maintain their independence and culture. Pepsico tends to be a very fast paced organization that can burn you out, although there has been an effort to create a work life balance... the tendency still is more words work then life. PepsiCo also tends to "clean house" every year or so.

Advice to Management

Excellent communication via Town Halls

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

1. "I can't imagine working anywhere else!"

Current Employee - Senior Group Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Group Manager in Plano, TX

Pros

Great Company, Great Benefits, Great People! There is never a lack of challenging work to do and everyday can be a learning experience if you want it to be. I have been fortunate to work for nothing but great leaders in my tenure with Frito-Lay and have learned a variety of skills that I will be able to use throughout the rest of my career. The leadership at Frito-Lay is very good from the top(CEO, Indra) to the front line sales manager. Frito really cares about each and everyone of their employees and tries hard to set everyone of them up for succes!

Cons

Very high expecations and work life balance can be challenging if you manager isn't supportive. In the field it's all about the numbers, and we typically do hit the number! You have to be careful when moving from job to job and really look at the leader you will be working for as well as the job you are applying for, While every leader I have had has been exceptional, I have heard a few horror stories during my career. If you are in the field, the pressure to hit your sales targets can be overwhelming at times. Frito is all about the numbers, it's top priority!

Advice to Management

Some of the communication to the field from Sr Management seems to be cold, especially when it come to compensation changes and policies.

"From the Inside"

Current Employee - Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Plano, TX

Pros

Benefits, Work/Life Balance, Brand recognition, Health & Wellness initiatives, Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, Friend of the communities we're based in.

Cons

There is little flexibility in salary. Very hierarchical - you WILL go through the chain-of-command. The "we've always done it this way" attitude that stands in the way of improving processes. Slow to adopt new technology.

Advice to Management

Get in the trenches for a little while and experience your company from the inside. Take more hands on responsibility for your people and cut out the middle men. Take more responsibility for how money is spent. If we cut out all the extraneous spending that goes on we might not have to cut jobs!