PepsiCo - **Alert: I Have Become So Jaded!" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

"**Alert: I Have Become So Jaded!""

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Plano, TX
Current Employee - IT Specialist in Plano, TX

Pros

Great people to work with. Great product. Lots of product innovation.

Cons

Promotions and recognition is not performance based; it is based on race, gender, age. Nearly impossible to make it into management internally. "You have to come in at a high level"

Advice to Management

Please take a deeper look at how IT and Audit are assigning very expensive consultants who are non-productive. I am fairly convinced there must be some corruption in the system. Specifically I have seen PWC get awarded more and more projects with Audit and PBSG after they have failed to produce on nearly every occasion. I think someone from Senior Management would have noticed this by now.

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

"Wear a shield of armour and know only the ruthless will survive"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Purchase, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Purchase, NY

Pros

Strong resume builder --- opens many doors; you will definitely work on some cutting edge marketing programs, and see how marketing absolutely impacts sales. You will also learn in-depth how grocery store marketing operates very differently than broad consumer marketing programs, and learn how to bring the two programs to common ground.

Cons

"every person for themself" --- this is not "we will do it as a team" environment, but rather "this was my idea and I'm claiming all the glory." Unfortunately, some very good people are stepped on, and in order to rise above, you will be dedicating your life to the company. Work-life balance is lip-service, where HR programs in place to create harmony and balance are not relevant to those in marketing.

Advice to Management

Make words and actions go hand-in-hand .... "cherish employees" requires listening to what they have to say, and making sure that policies are in-place that treat everyone fairly. Some managers recognize the HR policy shortcomings and bend the rules for their direct reports, and though that action is generous and appreciated, it makes others bitter who do not get such treatment.

"Great place to start your career . . ."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Plano, TX

Pros

Marketing - Great place to flex your brain . . challenging environment, surrounded by very smart, intelligent people who push you to the next level. The question is always . .. how can we do this better, faster, smarter? As a result, Frito Lay is a fast paced company that consistently delivers solid business results. You can definitely make a difference at whatever level you find yourself - Assistant, Director, or VP.

Cons

Marketing - Work life balance can be a challenge. Due to the do it faster, better, smarter mentality, we are consistently overlapping ourselves. As a result, people often feel overloaded because their best just isn't good enough . . we must do more. Another issue that comes up often is that we never let a decision stand long enough to determine if the outcome is beneficial to the company. If it isn't an instant success, we often scrap it in lieu of another idea that is destined to be bigger and better. This often leads to burn out and a devaluing of one's work.

Advice to Management

Marketing - Value, Value, Value your employees. . . when people work hard, they should be rewarded more often to ensure that their contributions are not overlooked. Often times, there is a recency effect that goes into play that does not allow for everyone to be recognized.