PepsiCo - Top notch, with its own caveats | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

"Top notch, with its own caveats"

Current Employee - Mid-Senior Level Manager in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Mid-Senior Level Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great compensation/salary. The opportunity to grow is there if you are passionate about your career and the company. They truly embrace diversity and walk the walk. Resources are available for you to do your best job, with potential for additional investment. People development is best in class, managment culture are big into mentorship and apply open door policy, which allows for growth and development.

Cons

Seems like they continue to restructure every 2 to 3 years, not completely implementing the new organization when changes are done again. This makes for an unstable and uncertain work environment. There is a lot of disconnect between business unit, and mergers continue to happen, so dont expect consisten culture throughout the organization. You either move up or move out (staying in your role for 5+ is viewed as stagnant and frowned upon). Certain departments experience a lot of turn-over due to burn-out.

Advice to Management

Product innovation was the driving force of this company and what kept it exciting. Seems like this area could use a little more development. Expanding the product portfolio though acquisitions is erroding the core categories, which currently need a lot of attention.

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

1. "Like dog years -lots of experience but at the expense of your personal life"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of movement and solid responsibility right away. Very smart people.

Cons

Little balance and very short term focused at the expense of long term opportunities.

"Lots of autonomy, but a small fish in a big pond."

Current Employee - Detailer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Detailer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at PepsiCo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nearly total autonomy, I spoke to my boss once every couple of months and entered my own time clock online.
    Decent pay
    Mileage reimbursement. A lot of driving in personal car, but it was nice to get money back for gas.

Cons

Most of my time was spent in Walmart stocking shelves, which was really boring. I worked nearly exclusively on the weekends. The job took much less time than I was on the clock for, so I had to find things to keep busy.