PepsiCo - Very good benefits at this job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

"Very good benefits at this job"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Melbourne, FL
Current Employee - Merchandiser in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has standards that are easy to follow

Cons

You work alot of holidays

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

"Drivers Treated Like Drones; in the Summer, Like Cattle"

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Steady paycheck, good benefits, recession-proof product

Cons

Substandard working conditions in hot climates; difficult hours with no work-life balance; compensation plan that conflicts with managers', creating inevitable confusion and conflicts and a culture of intimidation and resentment

Advice to Management

I FIND IT SO HARD TO BELIEVE THAT PEPSICO is consistently named a "World's Most Ethical Company," as I work for Frito-Lay as a driver and I'm here to tell ya, the culture is not so much. As a driver, I feel the culture of "You oughtta be happy you even have a job in the first place."
    PLEASE PUT AIR CONDITIONERS IN DELIVERY VEHICLES! Even in climates as hot as AZ and FL, we work with no A/C. Temps in the trucks get as high as 120 degrees-plus, and the only conversation from management refers to how remarkable it is that we survive those conditions -- with no solutions offered. We're told to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate, and we do, but people can only take so much.... drivers drop all the time in the summer, from heat exhaustion, and we're actually kind of reprimanded for "not hydrating." A group of Amazon warehouse employees recently shamed their company into providing A/C for them, by picketing an annual shareholders' meeting. It's getting close to that for PepsiCo/Frito-Lay. Why should it come to that? Raise the price of a bag of chips by a couple of pennies, and take a tiny cut on your executive bonuses, and do the right thing. Secondly, as it related to comp -- why does my pay conflict with my boss's so much? He's paid to stock shelves to overflowing every week; I, however, take a ding on my check if not all the bags sell. I'm also berated when those bags don't fly off the shelves -- a situation over which I have ZERO CONTROL. Why aren't we incented to work together and accomplish the same goals? That's the way the best companies do it. Shame on you, Frito-Lay, for creating conflict among front line employees. It doesn't make your sales better or contribute to your bottom line in any productive way.

2. "Great job for new college graduates"

Current Employee - District Sales Leader in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - District Sales Leader in Denver, CO

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility and pay for new graduates

Cons

Long hours and little room for creating and change

Advice to Management

Lets progress...we are stuck in tie