PepsiCo - Drivers Treated Like Drones; in the Summer, Like Cattle | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

"Drivers Treated Like Drones; in the Summer, Like Cattle"

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Steady paycheck, good benefits, recession-proof product

Cons

Substandard working conditions in hot climates; difficult hours with no work-life balance; compensation plan that conflicts with managers', creating inevitable confusion and conflicts and a culture of intimidation and resentment

Advice to Management

I FIND IT SO HARD TO BELIEVE THAT PEPSICO is consistently named a "World's Most Ethical Company," as I work for Frito-Lay as a driver and I'm here to tell ya, the culture is not so much. As a driver, I feel the culture of "You oughtta be happy you even have a job in the first place."
PLEASE PUT AIR CONDITIONERS IN DELIVERY VEHICLES! Even in climates as hot as AZ and FL, we work with no A/C. Temps in the trucks get as high as 120 degrees-plus, and the only conversation from management refers to how remarkable it is that we survive those conditions -- with no solutions offered. We're told to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate, and we do, but people can only take so much.... drivers drop all the time in the summer, from heat exhaustion, and we're actually kind of reprimanded for "not hydrating." A group of Amazon warehouse employees recently shamed their company into providing A/C for them, by picketing an annual shareholders' meeting. It's getting close to that for PepsiCo/Frito-Lay. Why should it come to that? Raise the price of a bag of chips by a couple of pennies, and take a tiny cut on your executive bonuses, and do the right thing. Secondly, as it related to comp -- why does my pay conflict with my boss's so much? He's paid to stock shelves to overflowing every week; I, however, take a ding on my check if not all the bags sell. I'm also berated when those bags don't fly off the shelves -- a situation over which I have ZERO CONTROL. Why aren't we incented to work together and accomplish the same goals? That's the way the best companies do it. Shame on you, Frito-Lay, for creating conflict among front line employees. It doesn't make your sales better or contribute to your bottom line in any productive way.

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

"Cannot handle experienced talent, shrinking business"

Former Employee - Assistant Marketing Manager in Purchase, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Marketing Manager in Purchase, NY

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very nice people for the most part

Cons

Organization as a whole does not invest in their people, and cannot manage talent. The industry is shrinking and my boss hoarded work, as opposed to a growing industry where there is more work than people to do it (and growing opportunity).

Advice to Management

Don't hire MBAs.

"Fast pace company where you will learn a lot"

Former Intern - Intern in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Intern - Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at PepsiCo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Never a boring day on the job because it's a fast pace company with many opportunities. Great people. Provides great opportunities to grow.

Cons

This is a low tech company that is behind on technology.

Advice to Management

Update your technology