PepsiCo - Overall, I had a good experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

"Overall, I had a good experience."

Former Employee - Packaging Machine Operator in Frankfort, IN
Former Employee - Packaging Machine Operator in Frankfort, IN

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay rates and benefits packages.
Job security in rough economic times.
Opportunities for promotion within the company.
Secure work environment.

Cons

No guarantee of full work week.
Management members come and go quickly.
No individual bonus/recognition program.
Favoritism even in upper management.

Advice to Management

~

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

"Work, Work, Work"

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative
    Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay. Depending on your customers you pay end up building friendships that last a life time.

Cons

Poor work/life balance and they want you to be a robot. Constant threats of discipline by management. I've been with Frito for over 6 years. It was great in the beginning but as the economy has gotten worse so has the aggressive and threatening nature of management. Long hours. If you don't mind working 60 hours a week, being in constant fear of losing your job over "red tape, and want to work every holiday then Frito-Lay is the place for you.

Advice to Management

All trucks needs A/C. During the summer here in the south the back of those trucks routinely hit 130 degrees. Get rid of the share holders, they're ruining the company.

"Terrible company to work for."

Current Employee - Pre-Sell Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Pre-Sell Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Perceived to be a good company to work for.

Cons

Pay and benefits are really poor considering the hours you are expected to put in. There is absolutely no work-life balance - those are all just talking points upper management uses to pat themselves on the back. The company has very unrealistic expectations. At this particular location, they manage by threats, write-ups and embarrassment. Most of the pre-sell reps here have 25-35 account calls per day and we get chastised for not making all the stops and not selling in enough new items and we are expected to open news accounts, in addition to doing a lot of merchandising and displays, which all have to be set up 100% perfectly to national corporate standards, regardless of local demographics and top selling items.

Advice to Management

Give the sales reps more leeway on displays and let them use a little of their own discretion. If you want the accounts serviced and merchandised to your standards, you should consider adding more reps and giving us smaller territories, because it is unrealistic to expect us to go to stores extra times during big sales, work backstock, etc, when we already have a 12 hour a day job. Drivers should also have dedicated routes, as having a different driver every day in some areas gives them no accountability and no sense of team work. Also, I would suggest some better sales tracking software for the reps. The current handheld is archaic and borderline impossible to drill down on long term purchasing trends within individual accounts. That information would be extremely useful with the turnover being as high as it's been. When you are thrown into a new route and hiven virtually no information about the route, you are setting us up for failure.