PepsiCo - Terrible company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

"Terrible company to work for."

Current Employee - Pre-Sell Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Pre-Sell Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Perceived to be a good company to work for.

Cons

Pay and benefits are really poor considering the hours you are expected to put in. There is absolutely no work-life balance - those are all just talking points upper management uses to pat themselves on the back. The company has very unrealistic expectations. At this particular location, they manage by threats, write-ups and embarrassment. Most of the pre-sell reps here have 25-35 account calls per day and we get chastised for not making all the stops and not selling in enough new items and we are expected to open news accounts, in addition to doing a lot of merchandising and displays, which all have to be set up 100% perfectly to national corporate standards, regardless of local demographics and top selling items.

Advice to Management

Give the sales reps more leeway on displays and let them use a little of their own discretion. If you want the accounts serviced and merchandised to your standards, you should consider adding more reps and giving us smaller territories, because it is unrealistic to expect us to go to stores extra times during big sales, work backstock, etc, when we already have a 12 hour a day job. Drivers should also have dedicated routes, as having a different driver every day in some areas gives them no accountability and no sense of team work. Also, I would suggest some better sales tracking software for the reps. The current handheld is archaic and borderline impossible to drill down on long term purchasing trends within individual accounts. That information would be extremely useful with the turnover being as high as it's been. When you are thrown into a new route and hiven virtually no information about the route, you are setting us up for failure.

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

1. "A decent place to work, but be careful."

Former Employee - General Warehouse Laborer in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - General Warehouse Laborer in Cleveland, OH

I worked at PepsiCo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Decent wages.
    -Union.
    -Good Overtime.
    -Good job security once you get into the union.

Cons

-Very little supervision. I worked at Frito for half a year, till I was attacked, unprovoked, by a particularly horrible coworker. He ran away from me, and I went straight into my boss' office to report what happened. After a rather pathetic "investigation", they fired both of us. Despite me being the victim, and not fighting back, I was fired for being attacked at work.

This lack of supervision also extends to their forklift drivers, who will speed around the warehouse, neglect using their horn, and act oblivious to their surroundings. Case in point, this is not a safe place to work.

Advice to Management

Do your jobs! Try to actually listen to what your employees are telling you, and put forth effort into your investigations. I know effort is hard, and there are only so many hours in a day, but you are playing games with people's live here.

2. "Solid company with long term focus"

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Plymouth, MI

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment with advancement opportunities

Cons

There are times management and production are not on the same page as sales.

Advice to Management

Create more dialogue with the top sales reps