PepsiCo - I was welcomed into the Frito-Lay family with warmth and friendliness. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

"I was welcomed into the Frito-Lay family with warmth and friendliness."

Former Employee - Electromechanical Technician in Perry, GA
Former Employee - Electromechanical Technician in Perry, GA

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Frito-Lay has a excellent pay scale,friendly atmosphere,excellent training,excellent benefits,401 K,the opportunity to work with todays technology,the opportunity to train to be a first responder and my fellow workers are some of the best trained in there field.

Cons

The plant is located in a urban enviorment and I had to drive quite aways to get to work.The company runs 24 hours a day seven days a week and they have alot of different schedules.

Advice to Management

Management should come out on the floor and talk to the employees one on one.I advise this philosophy with any company management.

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

"Great Pay But To Many Headaches"

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Wilder, VT
    Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Wilder, VT

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can make a descent living and the benefits are very good.

Cons

The management sucks. The hours are tough if you are not used to getting up early. Management allows store managers to treat you like a piece of gum on the bottom of their shoe. No support and very poor communication. Management is constantly on you about numbers no matter how unrealistic they are.

Advice to Management

Communication and more support would go along ways.

2. "Worked as a DSL for 5 months before I couldn't handle it anymore"

Former Employee - DSL in Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - DSL in Plymouth, MI

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro is that I can put that I worked for a fortune 50 company on my résumé

Cons

We'll first off I started right out of college and was hired into the DSLD role and was told things that turned out not to be true at all. First off I was told I was going to run a route for 3 months to learn the business, that's fine I embraced the experience until after 4 months of running routes they told me that I will most likely be running a route for 12-13 months. Then when I asked for a timetable for my training it could not be told to me. They were basically short on route sales people so used me and continued on planning to use me because they thought they could. I was working 65-70 hour weeks at a minimum, it was the worst experience I've ever had at a job yet. The turnover is massive because the employees are treated extremely poorly.

Advice to Management

Show sole care and guidance