PepsiCo - Good company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

"Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Northbrook, IL
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Northbrook, IL

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Money and benefits are above average

Cons

Can have some very long day's

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

"Sexism"

Former Employee - RSR Route Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - RSR Route Sales in New York, NY

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, Great Perks, Decent Pay.

Cons

A Male DSL embarrassed me, my second day on route, telling me loudly in front of a room full of Male RSR's that, "I need to just admit the job was to hard for me and to resign my position." I informed my direct DSL and HR. Subsequently, I was pulled into a room by my DSL, there were 3 other DSL's (including the one who made the sexist statement) and told that I needed to understand that they stick together and I would not win the fight should I chose to stick around... It was all hell from there, my truck was consistently loaded in reverse and then loaded with so much "extra" product the only way I could make a delivery was to unload the truck on to the side walk and reload it properly. This went on for a week, I made a complaint to the Zone Director who said he would help and get to the bottom of it... I was then fired. I made a complaint to the EEOC, they told me to contact an attorney. It appears I was fired 2 days before I would have been unionized, and the evidence of what was going on was clear. From what I understand, the HR was later fired for sharing company inside info with the competition, my DSL was demoted and transferred... I'm not sure what happen with the rest.

Advice to Management

There should be more than two Women RSR's out of 100-200 Male RSR's within two warehouses, the number of women is not low because the job is hard, the number is low because you have a team of DSL's with their own agenda.

2. "Just a job, you are treated like a piece of equipment, not a person with a family."

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Yes, there is good benefits, I like working during the day not nights. Good people to work with, but you have to follow all of Frito Lays little rules if you work for this company, you'll know where I'm coming from.

Cons

Long hours, the DSL managers will frown on you beacause this company has to pay out chinese overtime that is tracted through the zone's.Bad schedule, if you have a route with a Wal Mart on it get ready to work every Sat or Sun and almost all holidays.Promotions and Management position are only for people with a college degree. In my case, I didn't have a degree , I would have been stuck on a delivery truck, with no oportunity for advansement. I see even a higher turn out for people quiting, to better themselfs and their families!

Advice to Management

Stop hiring young college kids for mangagement position, treat your employees like people,not a route number. Stop being so greedy about the pepsico stock, it was at 85.00 last I checked.