PepsiCo - Opportunity for advancement, decent pay, but deal with a good bit of nonsense at times. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

"Opportunity for advancement, decent pay, but deal with a good bit of nonsense at times."

Current Employee - CLT
Current Employee - CLT

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay
Opportunities to advance
Good benefits

Cons

Lack of accountability
Management changes departments too often creating lack of stability.
Bonuses should not have a safety metric involved

Advice to Management

Get more management hired so there is more accountability and stress it. In more technical departments the management should not be changed so often. Take the safety metric out of the bonus for obvious reasons.

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

1. "How much money is your life worth?"

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Money. Lots of it, without needing a college degree. The work is very physical and will help you keep in shape. I've seen brick layers buckle from exhaustion.

Cons

You have no choice in how much money you want to make. You will work crushing hours under extreme stress to make the money they want you to make and if that is too much, you won't be working there very long. 60+ hour weeks are the norm.

Advice to Management

Spend some time in reality. When someone tells you that something isn't working it doesn't automatically mean they have a negative attitude. Being surrounded by people afraid to echo what you want to hear has destroyed the company.

"Disorganized mess. Completely screwed me over."

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Whippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Whippany, NJ

I worked at PepsiCo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reasonable scheduling. Good wages. Anything else is completely overshadowed by the major problems I had working there.

Cons

The management has no idea how to properly organize it's staff, Whole workdays worth of hours cut with absolutely NO notice. They also never ONCE payed me mileage like I was promised. Never received any employee ID or Union Card, honestly I'm not even sure I was ever in the Union to begin with, since they never provided me with the proper channels to find my paystubs through direct deposit, still have not been able to see those. Worst of all, they never actually fired me, they just stopped calling me to work (I ran routes from home, not the plant) And to this day have not answered any of my calls, completely leaving me in the dark until it became impossible to assume they had done anything short of drop me like a sack of bricks. And this was after getting nothing but praise on the quality of my work.

Advice to Management

Try harder to keep in good contact with remote employees. Treat employees with respect, make sure they are actually provided with promised benefits and compensation.