PepsiCo - good | Glassdoor

"good"

Pros

good pay, the right companny to work for

Cons

Need to improve warehouse team leadership

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

1. "I am glad to have worked at PEP."

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Don't want to travel, { if you do watch out - auditors seem to think that it is OK to not pay AMEX for a 2$ TWO USD ??!!! mistake in THEIR reading of the claim. 'twas Sweet to make em pay the resultant AMEX penalty :-) Also beware the friendly offer of corporate apartments - it is as expensive as hotels and I do like living in Marriott}

want to work by consensus, non-cyclical industry, big brand name with instant recall across the globe. Earnest diversity initiatives, was strongly suggested to attend a LGBT event - (food was the best though, excellent hors d'oeuvres, canapes, wine, some minor celebrity, who as a kid liked to play with dolls was talking, pretty personable, but showbiz does that to you I suppose, but hey get over it, more than 40 yrs must have passed give or take 5 yrs.)
    Giving, donation matched 1:1 or 2:1 with 40 hrs volunteering. Honest profit sharing bonus(*) pay-outs per your offer letter, with little discretionary input by your manager. Cheap Pepsi Max and Mntn Dew for your caff needs, LEEDs certified building to work in, great campuses especially at Purchase NY with expensive statuary strewn across the landscape.

(*) While negotiating I had not expected bonus to amount to much so I squeezed for what I wanted for salary and then when the first bonus came in - I was quite impressed with the probity in bonus pay-out.

Cons

A politicised environment. Who you know is important. What you know - meh.
    On Consensus - often the uninformed, clueless, may skew the benefits - southwards - see the primacy of "who you know" blossom. Last man/woman standing a champ, the smart have fled. True in my area. Unbelieveable? HR can be a little loose with ethics. Stagnation in career . Beware all this has observational bias built in, but nevertheless as the gurus say perception is all...

Advice to Management

Way above my paygrade - I suppose. No one asked me there..... At one point though I did tell a VP in a meeting that SME in PEP must stand for Subject Matter Experienced (of 20-30 yrs vintage - I did not say this) as opposed to Subject Matter Experts. Fortunately for me the VP did not take my head for that, but the VP had a reputation of being whip-smart

"Hoping for improvement"

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good co workers. Ok pay. Better than being in an office. Great products that sell themselves.

Cons

Bad management. Expect much more than they should. Lack people skills. Too many managers with no experience. Product additions to routes that make no sense and create too many returns. Lack of experience will doom this company if it doesn't change.

Advice to Management

Promote from within. Consider employees with 10+ years experience. The improvement would be obvious. College educated yes people get very little done in our business.