PepsiCo - If you are good at politics, you can go far here... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

"If you are good at politics, you can go far here..."

Current Employee - Sales District Leader
Current Employee - Sales District Leader

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company, decent benefits, great products, and stable.
senior management seems to be people focused.

Cons

Salary should be much higher given the responsibilities. Politics get you promoted not results. Middle management is more concerned with the business than about their employee's quality of life.

Advice to Management

There are many talented people in this organization. Senior management (above region level) has great ideals and seem to follow the motto "people are our greatest asset" , however, I do not believe that senior management's philosophy on leading and developing others is followed by middle management (at least not in the region where I am employed). Too often times people that have great drive, results, and potential are passed by for promotions for people that have lack luster results, plenty of ambition, and are great at politics.

There are many employees both at front line and entry level management that have great ideas on how to solve complex issues or how to make Frito-Lay a better place to work but, are brushed off by middle management.

Middle and senior management need to spend real time on the front line to see what is happening. Too many decisions are made that impact employees quality of life and I don't believe middle to senior management has a good understanding of the impact. The company says that it is about its people but, by the time policies and/or strategies reach the front line, the impact can be immense and without current experience with the front line it may never be known.

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

"One of the great multinationals to work for"

Former Employee - Finance in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Finance in New York, NY

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I spent almost 15 years at PepsiCo and got to see a lot of the world in different assignments. There was always that next great challenge which kept me engaged far longer than I had expected

Cons

As the perennial #2 in the beverage business, the strategy hasn't always been clear as to what next. In my time, Pepsi has bought and sold bottling operations. Frito Lay is a much more stable business

2. "busy, on-call 24/7, but very rewarding and good spring board for other opportunities"

Current Employee - Maintenance Resource (Operations Manager) in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Resource (Operations Manager) in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good work experience, good leadership experience, good breadth of experience in leadership, management, and engineering

Cons

very demanding, somewhat unpredictable schedule, have to be willing to work both day and night shift