PepsiCo - Huge Opportunity! | Glassdoor

"Huge Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I would site four key attributes of working for PepsiCo. First, huge opportunity to do a lot of different jobs and have a lot of varied experiences. Second, lots of mobility across functions, across N.A. geographies, and around the globe. Next I'd say huge fun - big brands that are on the top of consumer minds daily and the rivalry with our competition makes for fun conversation. Finally, everyone gets to know each other even though its a huge company. One of our past senior executives would refer to us as a big, small company. In short, you can have a lot of fun growing your career in a company that knows no boundary to how high is up.

Cons

Some matrix management needs to be better thought through and we have a bit of bureaucracy here and there. Nothing skilled folks can't manage.

Advice to Management

Keep the divisions under our roof but look for more daring synergy between snacks and beverages.

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

"Great company for hourly employees, unfair treatment of salaried employees."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company offers a great hourly rate with plenty of opportunity for overtime.
    The benefits for full-time employees are great and they offer a good R&R program to all hourly associates.
    The work is laborious, but easy, if you want to get a good workout without a lot of distractions, this is the place for you.
    If you are single, this is the optimal job!

Cons

Like a lot of companies, the corporate level doesn't understand what we actually do and deal with in the DC environment.
    This creates a lot of problems for salaried employees who are asked to perform duties that just aren't possible with current resources. In order to get the work done to standard, a salaried employee must work about 75 hours a week (while getting paid for 40). More resources would help, but the company continues to cut back rather than to invest in it's people. As long as the work gets done, they don't care how much time you had to put in to do it. If you are a family-oriented employee, salary is not for you.

Advice to Management

Work on work-life balance for employees, they need time with their families.
    Avoid negativity when talking to your managers and team-mates, a negative environment is not conducive to a loyal environment.
    Listen to your people, don't just hear… listen, when this occurs the company goals will be completed much sooner.

2. "Big Company with good benefits"

Former Employee - Sales District Leader in Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - Sales District Leader in Brisbane, CA

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Salesmen there are great people and very hard workers! The Company really tries to stay a head of the competition. There's is a chance to be promoted from with in, but you really have to show your stuff and be very diligent.

Cons

Constant restructuring of the business