PepsiCo - Great Company, Endless Opportunity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

"Great Company, Endless Opportunity"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Somers, NY
Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Somers, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

lots of opportunity to move within, good work-life balance (e.g. summer fridays, holiday hours), great internal employee development

Cons

large company so the work can be siloed

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

1. "A fun, challenging internship that helped me grow professionally and personally."

Current Intern - Human Resources Intern in Charlotte, NC
    Current Intern - Human Resources Intern in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

It is the best experience for HR grad students in my opinion because it is so realistic. You get to be involved in projects that actually matter and will benefit the company. Not only did this make me feel valued, it helped me to understand my potential with the company and what kinds of things I would be involved in if I receive a full-time offer. You also are pulled in on meetings and experiences all of the time that help you learn the business and build relationships. Moreover, this company doesn't hide the negative things, rather they utilize you, value your opinion and constantly work to make things better. It's all about opportunity here and how we can improve, instead of pretending things are great if change is needed. They are straight forward and care about your development. On top of that compensation is great, especially as an intern. I feel like I can finish out my graduate education with a new outlook, lots of new information, and confidence in my experience.

Cons

There is a lot of travel and sometimes long hours which is both rewarding, exciting, and exhausting. It definitely forces you to be realistic and consider your future and what lifestyle you want to have. Also, I was fortunate to have a great team and manager, but I know that your team can make all the difference in the world in this company.

Advice to Management

Keep involving your new employees in everything! And keep up the development opportunities throughout careers.

2. "Great Place to Intern and Work"

Current Intern - BIS Intern in Plano, TX
    Current Intern - BIS Intern in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I am in the last few weeks of my summer internship with the PepsiCo BIS in Plano, TX. It has been an incredible experience. I have been put in real working situations and given responsibilities that full time employees would receive. They put you on a team and you work for them as if you were there full time. It is a great way to get a feel for the job and the company as a whole. They offer plenty of tours and events with other interns to meet executives and experience the welcoming culture of PepsiCo firsthand. We actually had the opportunity to have a video conference with Indra herself which just shows the emphasis PepsiCo puts on fostering new talent.

As for pay, they definitely make it worth my time. They also gave us money for housing which was great as I had to travel across the country to work here and I wouldn't feel comfortable living in a really cheap area of town. In our division, we have a good chance of getting full time offers if we work hard and exhibit the skills that PepsiCo values, which is also a huge perk. I have heard there are opportunities to progress within the company as well but I can't say much about that as an intern. I have, however, seen that PepsiCo offers tons of training courses and certifications to continue growing your career.

It is right next to plenty of other large corporate offices like Capital One and Intel. Overall, it is an incredible area to live. I can't complain at all about the location. They also offer summer hours which means we can get half day Fridays to be with friends and family.

Overall, this is a great place to intern and work. It has very competitive salaries and the working environment can't be beat. Highly recommend.

Cons

There haven't been a ton of cons. One thing that has been difficult to adjust to is the very diverse employee population. There are occasional language and cultural barriers in the workplace, but that can be seen as a pro in terms of talent and new perspectives.

Advice to Management

Continue to reach out to the interns. The information and enthusiasm provided by management is what creates the environment that makes PepsiCo great.