PepsiCo - Pepsi is a great place to work if you can minimize the hours you work weekly. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

"Pepsi is a great place to work if you can minimize the hours you work weekly."

Current Employee - Bay Delivery Driver in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Bay Delivery Driver in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Insurance benefits from day one. The pay is high for this industry. Longevity of the company, pepsi will always be around. Job security, resistant to economic recession.

Cons

Work load is too much, excessive overtime. Difficult to balance work and family life. Soda pop is heavy, back problems, knee problems.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees happy to minimize turnover and costs of training new employees.

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

"A great stepping stone, great second master's degree, or path to baldness"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Purchase, NY
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Purchase, NY

Pros

Good platform to jump from; in 3yrs I have seen co-workers all leave the company (at less than 1.5yrs served) to other roles for +30% salary. Good best practices; when I speak to colleagues about how we execute our planning, at the level of detail, with our level of control, I am listened to for guidance. A good second masters degree; generally a very well run program-I joined PepsiCo because I wanted a tighter run org in my life and was exhausted from having to inherit others' past lapses-PepsiCo finance is that very tight and well run machine, its good exposure into how to approach solid financial modeling and planning.

Cons

Overlapping & conflicting deliverables. Lack of respect towards employees. Large turnover. High stress in an investment banking attitude type life. Make corn syrup for America. Extreme, reads extreme, social engineering in promotion: in interviewing candidates for my department the focus has always been in the end to extend offers only to diversity qualifying candidates before those best qualified should they not fit that diversity background. Diversity inside PepsiCo is a verb; in three years I have seen bad results from this and there are race problems brewing within the ranks here. It is very unfortunate because by instituting a bonus structure to those Mgrs which hire a diversity candidate an artificial rainbow is created & doesn't work well together.

Advice to Management

Follow up with the Org Health Surveys conducted every 2 yrs, they are amazingly precise, well designed, and completely ignored.

"PepsiCo is a quality place to work with high integrity"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good place for advancement opportunities
    Caliber of people
    Integrity of the Company - doing things the right way

Cons

Work/life balance is extremely poor. People usually working 24/7, emails on the weekend, etc.
    50+ hour work weeks - continue to downsize and do more with less. Continue to pile up additional responsibilities on people at all levels in the organization
    Career development - Getting better but still a long way to go. Performance review process now focuses 50/50 on business and people results. I am impressed by the focus the organization puts on people results but require so much additional work that compromises work/life balance
    Extremely fast paced/employee morale
    Recognition
    Employee onboarding is weak

Advice to Management

Address the downsides