Perceptive Software - Not just for the newly graduated | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Perceptive Software

"Not just for the newly graduated"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Pros

Positive environment
Place for growth and learning
Competitive pay
Flex scheduling
Better than the many other places I have worked in my life. I don't understand the hate some people who are no longer here show. Just grow up and move on like I have done with prior employers.

Cons

My fat butt can't get up speed on the slide. Seriously I really like it here and haven't found a lot of cons. You are learning their program so your skills don't transfer to other places really well.

Other Employee Reviews for Perceptive Software

1. "I am glad I had the opportunity to work for this innovative company."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Pros

Growing company with lots of opportunities for professional growth.

Cons

Very intense fast paced environment that doesn't always allow for work life balance.

"The company offers opportunities for learning and growth, but size and creeping bureaucracy threaten its unique culture."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Pros

First, the company has a rare, innovative and flexible time-off policy (no official time tracking). Second, compensation is fair and benefits are excellent. Third, there is the near-guarantee of proper investment and continuing growth (particularly internationally) following the company's acquisition by Lexmark. Fourth, opportunities for learning about the company's particular area of technology (enterprise content management) are abundant.

Cons

The good ideas, determination, and hard work of the company's founders bred a critical mass of success. Success bred rapid growth. Growth bred the typical creeping bureaucracy, with more layers of management, more meetings, less direct involvement between the founders and typical staff members, and less overall agility. The company's acquisition by a larger firm has only accelerated these trends, as distant executives increasingly exert control over aspects of daily life that used to be taken for granted, such as a highly responsive, locally minded employee-tech-support organization that is merging with the mothership and losing the personal touch it once had. Acquisition was not supposed to change the company's laid-back culture or local customs, but there's no doubt it has started to happen and will likely continue. If you are comfortable with a corporate feel and a growing sense of subsidiary-ization, Perceptive can still be a rewarding place to work. But those who recall a more improvisational, startup-oriented environment, heavily laden with the personalities of the founders and the hustle of underdogs, will find much has changed. I suspect it's just a matter of time before those who created this enterprise will move on to other challenges or retire to their well-deserved yachts or second homes.

Advice to Management

To those who started this company, it would be great to see you roll the dice and start a new enterprise after you fulfill your current obligations. You were superb at building something from nothing, and could undoubtedly do it again.