Percolate - Percolate++ | Glassdoor

"Percolate++"

Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Percolate full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at Percolate for over 2 years now, across a few different teams and positions and I still see lots of potential here. The Marketing tech workspace is dynamic and competitive so there's never really a chance to get bored. It feels like we've grown to be a mature startup, with better alignment between teams and leadership, and a more clear understanding of how to build your career with Percolate.... We have an eclectic mix of technologies with a culture that's open to experimenting. We're always pushing to enhance the quality of our code and reduce friction in our development and deploy processes. Probably one of the most refreshing things here is the access to leadership and the many channels we have for expressing your concerns, asking questions, or challenging product direction - from being totally anonymous, group brain-storming sessions, communicating through your manager, or just having a quick chat over coffee.

Cons

- Finding the right balance between bug fixing, feature development, and improving code quality is tough and an on-going process -No 401K Match

Advice to Management

-Push to improve the feedback loop between those in the field working with customers and the product team. -Encourage more visibility between groups that typically don't see each other's work - like Engineers and Sales. -Higher more junior engineers and improve how we help them grow.

Percolate2019-05-07
  1. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative

I worked at Percolate full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are amazing, hard-working, and smart.

Cons

Transparency and communication from the c-suite could be improved. Company allhands meetings were vague and pointless. Office typically empty due to flexible WFH leading to a not very lively environment

Percolate2019-11-20

"Exodus"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Percolate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Once upon a time, Percolate had an amazing culture. It's still kind of there, but a little worse for the wear. Even so, there's some truly lovely people that work there. In the time I was at Percolate, I never had anything but positive interactions with my peers. Everyone's a professional and seems to work hard at their job. There's nice little perks like catered lunch once a week, cold brew on tap and healthy... snacks. There's even a full espresso machine. Every so often there's small office events with food and booze - always nice. Engineering is a mixed bag, but there's no denying that a lot of stellar work was done on the tooling and infrastructure. Regardless of the outcome, there's a lot of smart people trying to create and maintain good processes. The work can be hard, but overall there's real personal control of work/life balance.

Cons

People are leaving in droves, so bandwidth suffers constantly. It's hard to tell if the ship is sinking or just afloat and abandoned. Either way, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. For me, the physical environment was unpleasant. The engineering floor is called the "fish bowl" because all the desks are in the middle of the floor surrounded by a perimeter of glass conference rooms. The benefits are the worst... I've ever had at a startup - no 401k matching and a poor medical plan. There's stock options, but nobody I know bought any. Leadership is probably the biggest problem. Both of the founders left the company. Make of that what you will. The current CEO is very nice, but a bit reminiscent of a used car salesman. Senior leadership has intelligent people, but they still can't seem to figure out how to manage people and organize teams properly. Although they are seemingly transparent, it often feels like lies and lip service. Expectations are all over the place, and you can't count on consistent support. Unfortunately, this negatively impacts everything else.

Advice to Management

Put your employees first, and stop trying to climb the ladder. Playing politics is incompatible with transparency and real connectedness. Figure things out fast, or get out of the way so someone else can fix the organization. Percolate can be an amazing company if you don't ruin it.

Percolate2019-07-25

Discover more reviews about Percolate.