Performance Technologies - A fun career | Glassdoor

"A fun career"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Rochester, NY

Pros

Small, dynamic, high tech company in an every changing market. PT has a long history of technical innovation. PT has created a number of standards used today.

Cons

As a small to medium company, employees need to take more responsibility for many things that are taken for granted in a larger company.

Advice to Management

In such troubling times, try to keep employees motivated, focused and working forward on the main goals. Take time to praise many of the hard working folks!

Other Employee Reviews for Performance Technologies

"Has to be the most disorganized company I have worked for, They have no sense of direction"

Current Employee - Field Engineer
    Current Employee - Field Engineer

I have been working at Performance Technologies full-time

Pros

probably a good place to gain knowledge in the Field

Cons

EO's that feel like they are FE, they dont know their place, no direction, terrible pay, lake of bonuses. abuse and racism.

Advice to Management

Follow up with your employees, come up with structure and training ,progression. Let your engineers know what and how they are doing. Don't just throw them in the field and tell them to go learn the equipment. There has got to be a way to make the engineers feel like engineers without humiliating them and making them feel like they are EO's. But then again if the company insist on working their FE's like EO's, Pay them like the EO's. Its inhuman to have them working 120hrs in a pay period and pay them like they are slaves. How long do the have to work as an EO before actually doing the job they went to school for. Word for the wise, if you have an option let PTL be your last Option. Lets just say they lied when I accepted the job, but then again, I took it because I needed the experience. Been here for almost a year and I still haven't gone on any training. instead am still in the Field working as an EO which of course isnt what my Job description is. ALL THE COMPANY IS WORRIED ABOUT IS MAKING MONEY, THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES.

2. "Good Career choice with lots of advancement choices."

Former Employee - Diesel Technician in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Diesel Technician in Canton, OH

I worked at Performance Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment and the team enjoys what they do.

Cons

Is dependent on the economy and oil prices.

Advice to Management

More flexibility with scheduling and shifts.