Perfumania Holdings - Not what it's cracked up to be | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Perfumania Holdings

"Not what it's cracked up to be"

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Lucrative commission
Decent hours during seasonal times

Cons

Salary freezes, no raises in sight, few opportunities for advancement, expensive medical, health and dental insurance pakages. Not a good job during a recession hit economy

Advice to Management

Learn how to praise your frontline employees who work hard to increase your bottom line profits! Also rewarding good performance would definitely increase morale.

Other Employee Reviews for Perfumania Holdings

"Respon to:Perfumania Holdings Logo "poor choice of corporate management changes""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellport, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellport, NY

I have been working at Perfumania Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New management has made many changes to this company, most for the better. We are totally a more solid company with a lot less financial waste. We have a much better Health plan from when I started over 3 years ago. We have access to the gym during and after hours. Where they offer exercise classes and yoga. The people here are amazing. I have made life long friends for sure.

Cons

Yes, many stores have closed, but they were obviously under preforming, and closed for this companies financial benefit. This Holiday they brought back a Thanksgiving gift as well as a Holiday gift. Flexible hours was never a "thing" so not really sure what was meant by that. They are finally going to have employee reviews. Which I think is AWESOME. For those that go above and beyond, this is their bosses way to show them they appreciate all they do. I feel that the COO is doing a great job bringing us to a more financially stable company. The CDO is really trying to get our .com to where it should be in today's market. I feel these new management changes have done nothing but help us.

Advice to Management

All I can say to Management is, keep up the great work, getting us to where we need to be!!!

2. "Store Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Cheektowaga, NY
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Cheektowaga, NY

I worked at Perfumania Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay, commissions and bonuses were good.

Cons

There was NO work life balance

Advice to Management

Show concern for employees