Perfumania Holdings - Perfumania is great at times | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Perfumania Holdings

"Perfumania is great at times"

Pros

The products are great. My DM is wonderful. The pay is good for a college student. Good envirnoment. Great retail job.

Cons

They don't listen to lower level employees (Asst. Manager/ 3rd Key) about ideas. Hard to inform DM about Boss wrongful doings without being penalized. DM needs to know that every store is different and you can treat them the same.

Advice to Management

I think you guys to split bonuses that is only given to managers between the staff. I think that (well in my store) the staff works just as hard if not harder than managers. I think we need to know what's going on with our raises. Please stop telling DM's to give employees the spill that if we sell more that we make more money, we know that but sells always there. I really think that lower level employees need to know more about what they are doing good than what they can improve because they are not getting any bonus so why should they work harder?

Other Employee Reviews for Perfumania Holdings

"Not what it's cracked up to be"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Lucrative commission
    Decent hours during seasonal times

Cons

Salary freezes, no raises in sight, few opportunities for advancement, expensive medical, health and dental insurance pakages. Not a good job during a recession hit economy

Advice to Management

Learn how to praise your frontline employees who work hard to increase your bottom line profits! Also rewarding good performance would definitely increase morale.

2. "Store Manager. Love my job!!"

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Perfumania Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive Salary
    Receptive management top to bottom.
    Decent health insurance.
    Good benefits.
    Sell real product, no grey market products.

Cons

While agree K I'm help push sales..
    Volume and gain should be the main goal.
    For promo changes get product and signs to stores well in advance of new set. Not day of. Forces last minute schedule shuffling and often leads to store manager working off clock/cutting shifts later in week.

Advice to Management

Faster access to needed info. When changing promos. Stay the course on promos, don't change mid stream on a whim. Work to keep more stores from closing and little more transparency from top to field as to condition of company.