Perkins Coie - opportunities differ widely depending on your team | Glassdoor

"opportunities differ widely depending on your team"

Current Employee - IT Support Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Perkins Coie full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is about $4k in training money from HR every year. You will be reimbursed if you fill out the forms and pass the classes. Excellent medical and dental benefits. There is a surprisingly high percentage of nice people. The red wagon is a unique perk for the Headquarters floors. Every couple months two people bring a Radio Flyer wagon filled with alcohol and snacks around the floor. There are some incredible pro bono cases. I am proud to be a member of the firm that got Sara Kruzan out of prison.

Cons

Job openings are rare, departures are rare, and additional positions are rarely added. Don't expect any battlefield promotions. All of the position changes I have seen during my time here were from people who had worked here for at least 5 years. The sole exception was by far the most competent people I have ever met. Most of your coworkers have been here for at least a decade and a few of them have given up on learning new things. Some teams and people get all the opportunities. If you are on the wrong team, then this is the best dead-end job you will ever have. You will learn skills here but many of them are not transferable outside of the legal industry.

Perkins Coie2017-06-23
  1. "So Many Benefits"

Current Employee - Assistant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Perkins Coie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Perkins employment contracts are written really generously for employees. It is easy to be lulled into thinking there should be more after a couple years, but boiled down... there's a 2-5% holiday bonus, there are regular cost of living raises, healthcare is fully paid, dental coverage is excellent, the work atmosphere is clean, professional, caring. There are social events with coworkers at least 2x per month. A small gym on site. Free food frequently. Sabbaticals for staff. 401k match. Wellness program. Thank you card program. Educational Assistance Programs. My coworkers are all brilliant.

Cons

It's really difficult to think of cons, especially when considering the lack of benefits in many other industries.

Continue reading
    Perkins Coie2019-06-25
  2. "Summer associate around $3,600 weekly"

Current Intern - Summer Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Perkins Coie

Pros

Clients are big names in the country

Cons

Not sure yet. Will see.

Continue reading
    Perkins Coie2020-01-31

Discover more reviews about Perkins Coie.