Perkins Restaurant and Bakery - Figure out who you are........ | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

"Figure out who you are........"

Former Employee - Regional Manager in Midwest City, OK
Former Employee - Regional Manager in Midwest City, OK

I worked at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are always some great people in every company and Perkins has plenty of them. Proud of Perkins partnership and commitment to "Give Kids the World".

Cons

bankruptcy was a very demoralizing event- dealing with vendors and customers and the perception that it carries. Also the reality of not being able to maintain or improve the facilities to keep up with customer expectations. Hopefully the new owners have the bankroll and the patience to work it out and get it right.

Advice to Management

Figure out what Perkins market is - or is going to be and execute to it. The Perkins ship has sailed to too many different winds over the years.

Other Employee Reviews for Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

1. "Decent pay, work isn't too difficult, for the most part it's not a bad job."

Current Employee - Baker in Jefferson City, MO
    Current Employee - Baker in Jefferson City, MO

I have been working at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay isn't bad. Work is easy enough. Usually good management and coworkers. Usually good hours are given if you do the job well, and want them of course.

Cons

Early workday - 5am! Didn't see a raise until after already working there for 2 years. While the work is easy, sometimes the workload is too much (holidays and weekends) and it seems that not enough time is given to complete all your tasks "on time." Sometimes I had to pick up the slack of certain coworkers too. I saw lots of double standards as well (for instance, certain coworkers showing up 40 minutes late on a daily basis, management never saying a word, while I walk in 1-5 minutes late occasionally and something is said... and we weren't even open yet). Not much room to advance it seems. Was also hired as "full-time" but was always being rushed out the door, once the holiday season was over I never received more than 20 hours.

Advice to Management

Understand that it takes more than 3-4 hours to complete all tasks unless it's a very easy day. Stop with the double standards. Understand that it's an extremely early morning shift - people are bound to be a couple minutes late that early - better late than never.

2. "Bus person"

Former Employee - Bus Person in Willmar, MN
    Former Employee - Bus Person in Willmar, MN

I worked at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get 50% of while u work

Cons

Everything else, supervisors for morning shifts very rude, food is expensive even with 50% off, and had me work every weekend even those I requested off... Plus u are not allowed to request any holidays or prom off