Pet Supplies Plus - Awesome first job, I would definitely recommend it! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pet Supplies Plus

"Awesome first job, I would definitely recommend it!"

Current Employee - Cashier
Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Pet Supplies Plus part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome managers, they are nice to work for. Most of the coworkers are fun to work with. Also, most team members care about their job and try to do their best.

Cons

Some team members need to be more responsible about the job, such as not showing up on scheduled days constantly asking for days off.

Advice to Management

Before making decisions that would directly affect team members, ask us our opinions about it first; we have first-hand experience with the store and would be happy to tell you what we think would be best.

Other Employee Reviews for Pet Supplies Plus

1. "It was a great place to work"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Champaign, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Champaign, IL

I worked at Pet Supplies Plus part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The hours were great. My co-workers were awesome, and I wouldn't trade knowing them for anything. I was able to move into management within a year of being there. My boss gave me the freedom to have more responsibility and as long as you work hard and show up to work you will do alright in this company. Overall it was a great learning experience.

Cons

The pay was not the greatest. I started on minimum wage and worked my way up and received 3 raises in 3 years. That isn't terrible by any means, I just wish the pay started out a little higher. Our store was owned by a grocery store so the corporate mentality wasn't the best. They didn't care what you thought, or care to learn your name. One head person would come in the store and not say a word to you other than how bad the store looks. Another person said that we did a great job so it is all about the individuals you work with.

Advice to Management

Don't sell big birds! Leave them in the wild!

2. "Overall prob. Average..considering most retail uses up their employees to their own advantage."

Current Employee - Cashier+ in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Cashier+ in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Pet Supplies Plus part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Animals are( usually) great ,with good owners. Hours are ok,although holidays are withOUT holiday pay.(there would be a lot less drama over working them if it were time + 1/2)!!! Local mgmt and employees are nice and try hard.

Cons

Haven't had a raise or col in over 3 years,even tho there is MORE AND MORE work expected of us...whether it's in job description or not. Don't feel like corporate realizes how 'normal' people live. Workers and customers alike can't afford the amt.of sales Corp. wants .

Advice to Management

Live a few months in the shoes of your underlings. including their bills and paychecks,and time with family.