PetSmart - Dog Hotel Reservation Specialist | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

"Dog Hotel Reservation Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PetSmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Phone calls are easy and no stress. Pet Parents are always in a good mood and fun to talk to. Time goes by really fast and calls are back to back.

Cons

Upper management never bothers to come out on the floor, they hide in their office and act like you are beneath them. Supervisors are inexperienced and you don't have any interaction with them unless you've done something "wrong". One on one's don't happen, you get an email with your stats and errors. Hours aren't the same from week to week so you can't depend on a salary.

Advice to Management

Get out on the floor and see what the team that is making $$$$$ for the PetHotel are doing. These guys are the backbone of this organization!!!

Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart

1. "Being a in store Pet Care Associate"

Former Employee - Pet Care Associate in Avondale, AZ
    Former Employee - Pet Care Associate in Avondale, AZ

I worked at PetSmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was able to make a difference with customers. Gained insight into how Petsmart as a whole functions.

Cons

Hours were not right often (too few, too many, schedule during nonavailability). Training manual was outdated; as was a lot of equipment and supplies. Heath and dental insurance was useless, didn't even cover preventive exams (physical, well woman, etc.).

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to scheduling, especially employee availability.

"Depends on your store"

Current Employee - Pet Trainer in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Pet Trainer in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at PetSmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pet Trainer
    Some stores are a great place to work--a great team and supportive of your classes and record keeping etc, Understand your sales and allow you to build a business and start rolling your classes from beg to int to adv etc.. Some stores are great!
    You also get to make commission so if you are good you have the opportunity to make good money and run your own classes.

Cons

Some stores are disorganized and VERY slow to get you on the schedule to train. VERY pushy when it comes to sales and selling your/your coworkers classes--Even when the store is slow and very few customers come into the store you are still expected to sell training classes--so they want me to try to push a Dog training class on the 4 people who came in for crickets today??? Lame. If you have an education and are over qualified for this position DON'T apply for it--Mindless cashier work for 3 months before you will get to train dogs at all, plus the pushy used car sales man attitude when it comes to sales--its frustrating!
    Also--I was hired on as full time, but hours have dropped from 40hr/wk to 22hr a week because the store is slow--this should have been told to me in the job interview when I asked about the hours/pay etc. I would have turned it down and kept looking for a 40 hr/wk job.

Advice to Management

Don't threaten your employees to sell more classes--motivate and encourage them. No one wants to hear "I talked to the manager on the phone today and she asked if you sold any classes today- I told her not yet. she wants to know at the end of the day how many lives you have saved (training classes sold) So You better sell some classes today because she knows that its you here today and she knows that you have not sold any classes yet." *disappointed look from support manager*
    Train and equip your employees, dont threaten them-- especially for $10/hr.