PetSmart - It made me a good amount of money | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

"It made me a good amount of money"

Current Employee - Petcare Specialist in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Petcare Specialist in Columbia, MD

I have been working at PetSmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty open hours, there is ALWAYS work to do.

Cons

Standing up for 8+ hours, working double shifts, mean dogs and cats...

Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart

1. "keep people happy"

Current Employee - Pets Products Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Pets Products Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at PetSmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

just working with dogs and helping pet parents find what they need

Cons

low low low pay....even when u move up its only 15 cents more...i have moved up 2 times and pay still sucks i can barly live off my pay checks and cant put any back! to much work and not enough happy people to help u...managers that think they dont have to do anything when they are there...manager think shes god and can do no wrong and think she is just there to sit around and make people under her do her job for her...even thought she moved down she still thinks she high man on the pole and its not right!!

Advice to Management

DONT FIX THINGS THAT ARE NOT BROKEN...DO NOT SWITCH STORE MANAGERS AROUND TO MAKE ANOTHER STORE BETTER THAT SHOULD BE ON THE GM AND RM AND REALLY HR...we shouldnt have to change how we were training to make our new anagers happy cause all they do is sit around and make us hourly managers do most everything! pay me more and i will do what but how it is not i hate going to work...more so cause manager has had so many people quit or switch departments because of that manager she needs to be moved to another store or fired one the two because if someone openly till u im quiting because of her then u know somethings wrong and the store manager isnt doing anything about it!!!

2. "great benefits, high burnout"

Current Employee - Groomer
    Current Employee - Groomer

I have been working at PetSmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great if you work full time. They are everywhere and you can transfer easily.

Cons

They expect to much of there employees and give them unreasonable time frames to do the work in. Rely to heavily on faulty satisfaction systems.

Advice to Management

Cut back on the policies and quit adding silly new rules. It makes life for your employees unbearable. It is hard enough for us to do the job we have with out you poking your middle management noses in when you do not know or care how it effects the people who work for you. Be more concerned with employees satisfaction and less concerned with bottom line. Not every customer is going to be satisfied and OSAT's will never give a clear idea of actual customer satisfaction. Get a new satisfaction system and review what averages mean.