PetSmart - Great learning experience but... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

"Great learning experience but..."

Current Employee - Groomer

I have been working at PetSmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was lucky to have a good salon manager to teach me to groom. If you don't commission out you get paid your hourly. The benefits are not bad. Pretty flexible schedule.

Cons

Work isn't always steady and your paycheck reflects this. The money isn't always there. You can only do as much as your body allows. Distribution of dogs isn't always fair. Sometimes it takes awhile to gent in good with other groomers because after all you are all competing get dogs

Advice to Management

Add on's add on's add on's! That's all you hear about. It would be nice to get a compliment here and there instead of constant criticism.

Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart

1. "Fun working environment!"

Pros

Great group of people and made a lot of friends. Management was very considerate of student schedule and worked with me!

Cons

Not too many cons as a young employee there. Great first job to gain experience- plus you get to see the animals!

2. "great benefits, high burnout"

Current Employee - Groomer

I have been working at PetSmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great if you work full time. They are everywhere and you can transfer easily.

Cons

They expect to much of there employees and give them unreasonable time frames to do the work in. Rely to heavily on faulty satisfaction systems.

Advice to Management

Cut back on the policies and quit adding silly new rules. It makes life for your employees unbearable. It is hard enough for us to do the job we have with out you poking your middle management noses in when you do not know or care how it effects the people who work for you. Be more concerned with employees satisfaction and less concerned with bottom line. Not every customer is going to be satisfied and OSAT's will never give a clear idea of actual customer satisfaction. Get a new satisfaction system and review what averages mean.