PetSmart - Enjoyed the interaction with the customers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

"Enjoyed the interaction with the customers"

Former Employee - Presentation Manager
Former Employee - Presentation Manager

I worked at PetSmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was pretty good

Cons

double standards and no follow up when issues arose

Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart

"Upper Management/Corporate Pushes For Superior Customer Service then Overtasks EVERYONE To Death!!!!!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at PetSmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

WONDERFUL customers, the ability to genuinely relate to your clientele and meet their pets. Having the product knowledge as well as the right products in stock to offer them realistic solutions to problems and have them come back in to thank you because your advice made a huge difference! Having customers that truly appreciate great customer service and that will be loyal based on the level of service they can count on from you and your staff.

Cons

Focus all your attention and CARE for your customers (Pet Parents)!!! Now as you're doing this get all stock out, sign and price tag the store, then pull down all the price tags in a week while you put up new sale tags then pull em down again three days later to put up new ones. Hire and train new people while you make sure all the veteran employees take their never ending mandatory trainings on kitty litter and pooper scoopers but remember the customer comes first even though you have to leave the floor to accomplish this and hey, don't go over payroll (which more payroll would make too much sense because you could actually divide and conquer and get everything done) and if you miss your training goals you will have to be on a conference call which guess what......takes you off of the floor from selling kitty litter and pooper scoopers.

::: Check your never ending barrage of "CASE" messages which is Corporates Micro-Management Tool to 'to-do' list you into eternity:::::::....and they track that too so if you don't do everything in THEIR timeframe (while you devote all your time to customer service, of course....why are we here again? oh yes, to help customers buy the right products/services for their pets,) then you'll hear about it on a conference call. Even with all of that said I am not sure I fully explained how unbalanced their corporate leadership is. People at corporate must justify their jobs by coming up with new tasks to put in CASE without any perspective on how much the store managers are already contending with.

Advice to Management

Come and eat what you've been cooking for us. Come and work for a store on OUR time and OUR schedule and taste what it is you are serving up to us. Step out of your safe nine to five schedule and work 10-15 hour days on your feet trying to help our customers which are always our #1 priority over all the other minutia you send our way which just gets in the way.

2. "Nothing but high school drama"

Former Employee - Pet Care Manager
    Former Employee - Pet Care Manager

I worked at PetSmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting to be around the pets all day, Good Pay

Cons

Unnecessary Drama, Poor Management team

Advice to Management

You have to care about your employees, and make sure it is a friendly productive environment.