PetSmart - Don't even think twice about it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

"Don't even think twice about it."

Former Employee - Cashier in Metairie, LA
Former Employee - Cashier in Metairie, LA

I worked at PetSmart part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with animals, coworkers are decent, little discount 15%, good employee coupons, first to know about sales.

Cons

management is literally the worst i've ever worked with, no room for advancement, trust me after 3 years of broken promise after broken promise I realized it was time to move on from a job where they try to fire you for things you haven't even done, My store manager was the the most idiotic, not to mention perverted jerk there is, not to mention a female manager who "punished" her employees if she was in a bad mood, the hours are terrible fluctuating from 11 hours to full time status even though you will NEVER become full time with this company, you will come in on your days off, work doubles, and work your butt off to no availability, you'll never get any praise, you'll be verbally abused, and mistreated, recieving the "short end of the stick" time and time again, do yourself a favor and never EVER work for petsmart. Working with animals is VERY rewarding, but it is not worth it, not to mention these poor animals are overbred, and die far too often within our care because managers do not know how to do their jobs or make sure their employees are doing theres. This company is full of lazy people, don't be the new employee that has to do a million and one things because no one is doing their jobs correctly.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the people you allow to be in charge of your entire store, make your open door policy much more evident so that people are not afraid to be bashed for speaking to their district managers without reprecussions, and make your firing policy much easier, people who do not deserve their jobs should not be allowed to keep them.

Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart

1. "6 years"

Former Employee - Merchandising in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Merchandising in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PetSmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall, this is a great company to work for. They are very inclusive and work/life balance focused. I enjoyed my time working there.

Cons

None, in comparison to other companies....this is heaven.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "I like working here, it's just not worth the money. Managers at my store are outstanding."

Current Employee - EARLY MORNING STOCKER in High Point, NC
    Current Employee - EARLY MORNING STOCKER in High Point, NC

I have been working at PetSmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the work is independent, which I like, and everyone that works here is very nice and easy to get along with.

Cons

Stocking can be "fun" and passes the time quick, but on truck days it can be very very stressful. Oh, and if you're the new person, be ready to work 3-4 pallets of dog food and then take out all the nasty trash for an hour. Think twice before signing up for this, or apply for cashier or pet care department.