Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Exciting job for avid animal lovers

May 5, 2021 - Sales Associate in Bridgewater, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interactions with a wide variety of pets and customers, job security, understanding and caring management

Cons

Labor intensive, constantly changing schedule, early hours, short staffed

Continue reading
  1. 5.0

Asl role

Apr 2, 2021 - Assistant Store Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule Room for growth A place where you feel valued

Cons

None that I can think of

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

It's a great starting/ part time job

Jul 9, 2021 - Cashier in South Bend, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The staff here is amazing, all while because of the pandemic we are a little stressed at times, we work as a team and get through it. The hours I get are what I want, and they will do their best to make sure that it is what you want.

Cons

The customers can be a handful. Watching people impulse buy a pet and not always being able to express concern is the most heart wrenching. I went into this job to build experience working with animals and gaining more knowledge, like the sorts, and I cannot use it to help the customers out. Even though it's in the company's motto to do so. Some manager's will get upset if you leave the register to help a customer. I am a busy person, I used to be an assistant store manager, so I have to do something, not just stand at a register all the time. They try to be polite about it though or try to give you tasks nearby the register but even then I still get scolded or told to try and focus more on being near the register. It's an impossible battle to win. Just stay at the register and be nonchalant I guess.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about PetSmart.