KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Nov 16, 2021 - Cashier
    Business Outlook

Pros

My bosses and team members were great to work with.

Cons

NAP- I had a great experience working there.

PetSmart Response

Associate Employment Brand Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! We're glad you enjoyed your life at PetSmart. Thanks for all that you do!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company

Sep 22, 2022 - Professional Pet Stylist in Jacksonville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Vet office on site. Job protection. Benefits, Insurance, vacation time

Cons

Burnout quickly, corporate expectations, no discounts for return customers/ request clients

Continue reading
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good starting point however

Sep 20, 2022 - Professional Pet Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve worked at two different locations. One of the things I’ve noticed is management is key to how much you enjoy your workplace. Overall the company has benefits and the compensation for groomers is 40% after you do 200 dogs if you do their academy and after 6 months of commission it moves to 50% and you keep all of your tips. As long as things are busy and you do enough dogs you can make decent money. Also company supplies things needed such as shampoo, ear cleaner, and basic essentials.

Cons

Having to deal with customers checking in and out can be a pain because you may have to help out even if it isn’t your dog. Also have to deal with answering the phone and booking appointments. Also walk-ins for things such as nails can come in anytime and have to be serviced. Petsmart is also very big on safety which is a good thing, but some of their policies are a little over the top (ie hand on the dog at all times, no tools on the table). Also once the holidays hit there are black out dates where you are not allowed to ask off no matter your reason.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about PetSmart.

PetSmart Careers

Cover image for PetSmart

To learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart, visit our blog!More

• Corporate
  • IT Team
  • Retail & DCs
  • Charities

PetSmart Photos

+ Add Photo
PetSmart photo of: Outside a typical Petsmart, located in Secaucus, New Jersey. (Photo copyright Nightscream)
PetSmart photo of: Pepper the Pembroke Corgi and Presley the Peruvian Guinea Pig know that by working together, we can accomplish great things!
PetSmart photo of: #AssociateSpotlight and a big thank you to our associate, Pam!
PetSmart photo of: Happy #InternationalWomensDay!
PetSmart photo of: #NationalPigDay
PetSmart photo of: Snake buddies at the PHO!
PetSmart photo of: Happy #InternationalWomensDay!

PetSmart Job Seekers Also Viewed