Petaluma City Schools - special education instructional assistant | Glassdoor
  1. "special education instructional assistant"

I worked at Petaluma City Schools

Pros

I was working at a large school site which provided a great deal of variety in course curriculum as well as many staff personalities. There was always a new face and a team environment within the school. I enjoyed the wide spectrum of teaching styles.

Cons

I worked at three different school sites within my district which allowed me to develop a truly unique perspective. The staff at one of the sites had unprofessional work habits. The staff at another site appeared to be caught up with a lot of office politics. The third site did not have effective safety precautions in place for the employees. When I left, I felt deeply concerned about the safety of staff as well some...

Advice to Management

Please wake up and start listening to the concerns of your employees. Support and nurture the well being of each and every staff member. Respect the students and their parents more than you have in the past. Strive to protect every individual on the school site so that the whole school community can thrive and be safe. Last and most important - treat all your employees equally with respect, compassion and kindness.

Petaluma City Schools2015-10-20

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Lead Guidance Specialist"

Former Employee - LMFT-Lead Guidance Specialist in Petaluma, CA

I worked at Petaluma City Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the only, if not THE only district in CA what has its own in house mental health staff working in the schools. Lovely, competent, hardworking colleagues committed to providing mental health services to K-12 students.

Cons

Pay is average school district. Licensed mental health professionals with masters degrees should be in the certificated pay range instead of classified.

Advice to Management

See above. But overall. my experiences where that this district is a pleasure to work in. Great people.

Petaluma City Schools2015-12-18
  2. "Adminstrators who were not credentialed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

I worked at Petaluma City Schools for more than 10 years

Pros

Overall most of the staff district wide were student centered and cared about their futures.

Cons

Performance reviews were not systematic and therefor increases in salaries were random

Advice to Management

Ensure performance evaluations are provided for all staff, credential and non-credentialed.

Petaluma City Schools2016-04-09

Discover more reviews about Petaluma City Schools.