Petco - Overall a good experience but definitely need two jobs with the salary | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Petco

"Overall a good experience but definitely need two jobs with the salary"

Current Employee - Grooming Assistant in Clarence, NY
Current Employee - Grooming Assistant in Clarence, NY

I have been working at Petco part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, animal interactions, friendly staff, flexible hours

Cons

Minimum wage, surprise corporate visits, not always good communication between departments

Other Employee Reviews for Petco

1. "Good work experience, uncommitted management."

Former Employee - Companion Animal Department Manager in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Companion Animal Department Manager in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Petco part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great broad experience in retail management (merchandising, advertising, planograms, etc.). No specific job, all sales associates completed a variety of roles.

Cons

Management that cared little about developing their talent pool. Employees that were not committed to the job and made it difficult for those who were interested in doing their job correctly. Little to no supervision or direction in a lot of cases.

2. "Petco was the best job I've ever had!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vero Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vero Beach, FL

I worked at Petco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very organized. Clean. Great help from the staff and managers. They are willing to promote those who really work to managers which is awesome

I loved working there. The manager of my Florida store was so helpful and involved with everyone. He truly cared about all of us and made an effort to get to know you. The training modules are very informative and helpful. The store is well organized and they stressed cleanliness which I loved!

Cons

I had to work very long hours at times, but it was because finding individuals with fish and reptile knowledge was difficult in my area. I had accumulated so much overtime at one point I was no longer allowed to work past a certain set schedule. The are strict with their schedules and if you forget to do something they are quick to get on you for it. So keep up on your required work!

Advice to Management

Nothing. I loved working there and if i ever get the chance I would jump at the opportunity to work there again. Long hours and all!