KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Nov 27, 2018 - Data Scientist in Rancho Bernardo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bring your pet to work, relaxed environment, store discounts, caring/passionate coworkers

Cons

Benefits; there's currently a 6 month (used to be 1 year) waiting period to contribute to a retirement savings plan, maternity leave is almost non-existent, medical plan needs improvement, etc.

Continue reading

Petco Response

Petco Experience Team

Thank you for the honest review. While we’re happy to hear you enjoy our work environment, we regret to hear of your other concerns. We’re always looking for ways to improve your employee experience and we're all in the together! If you've got ideas or concerns we encourage you to share more with your management and the Petco Hotline at 1-888-736-9834 or http://petcohotline.com/ so we can get a better understanding.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Goood

Oct 27, 2021 - Veterinary Practice Manager in Tavares, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work, friendly.

Cons

Sometimes the management is off.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

Nov 22, 2021 - Client Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Takes priority of maintaining the health of the animals. Managers are almost always supportive and willing to help and guide.

Cons

It's a retail job, so you will always have to push products all the time and get sign ups and donations. So if you are looking to avoid the craziness of retail, this is not really the job for you. That, and part of the job is denying people the right to purchase an animal (if the customer seems like they will not be a good owner like by not listening to how to care for the pet, or refusing to buy food or necessary housing for the animal especially if they informed you they never had said pet before and have no resources for it) can be daunting at times since the potential owners get rather angry at the fact that we denied them. But at the same time, Petco's main guideline is they want animals going to a good home, that means telling some people no. So just be ready to be yelled at, but just know, the managers will almost always have your back.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Petco.