KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Petco headed in the right direction

Nov 27, 2018 - Director in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Being able to bring your pet to work * Beautiful office with on-site cafe and gym, Starbucks, plenty of parking * Change is in the air with new leadership including CEO and most of executive team that acknowledges we have room for improvements across the board which is refreshing

Cons

* Lack of upward mobility; many roles lack a plan for growth * Managers hands are tied to give promotions or raises. * Too many outside folks added to teams in the past year that just do whatever they want versus for the better good of overall Petco - creates frictions with teams.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Petco Response

Petco Experience Team

Thank you for your honest review, we're grateful to have you on board. We do our best to adapt to changes in the business and appreciate your thoughtful feedback. We're constantly looking for ways to improve and move the company in a positive direction. We're all in this together and if you've got ideas or concerns we encourage you to share your thoughts with your management and the Petco Hotline at 1-888-736-9834 or http://petcohotline.com/ so we can get a better understanding.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Goood

Oct 27, 2021 - Veterinary Practice Manager in Tavares, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work, friendly.

Cons

Sometimes the management is off.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Multitask job with low pay

Nov 18, 2021 - Associate in Poulsbo, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Consistently bi-weekly paycheck. - Cats for adoption are the only animal you don't have to clean.

Cons

- They expect you to clean the animals while answering phone calls, checking out customers, facing products, promoting new promotions, signing people up for customer's rewards..etc..etc basically expecting you to be a ninja with a low pay rate and god forbid if you meet any Karen customer that day. - Pressure to sell all types of promotions even how ridiculous they are, and those monthly subscriptions' benefits do not stay the same consistently, it will change every 1- 2 months or so. And you will have to stay on top of it or your job will be on the line. - Your schedule will be changing every week, they will choose your days off for you, expect to be closing tonight and opening tomorrow at least once a week, and also expect to be working 7-8 days straight even if you still have 2 days off a week. - And they just changed how their PTO work. They won't give you your full PTO at the start of every year anymore. You will have to work enough hours to earn those PTO. So, if you are the person who likes to plan ahead, F-u. - Don't apply for the job if you just love animals only. only apply if you are ready to smell and clean their poop, pee, vomit, corpses, habitat, change the water, do dishes every day. - The people are mostly very nice here, but nobody wants to be an angel when they are under pressure 24/7.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Petco.