KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Intern, less than 1 year

Corporate Accounting Intern

Nov 28, 2018 - Accounting in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Bring your pet to work everyday -Flexible hours -Great culture -Friendly/helpful coworkers -Reasonable pay -Work life balance -Upper management DOES listen (including the CEO)

Cons

Daily tasks can be a bit repetitive but, other than that, no cons. Great company.

Petco Response

Petco Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're happy to hear that you enjoy being a part of our work culture! We're grateful to have you on board and we'll continue to work towards making our company a great place to work. Thank you!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Goood

Oct 27, 2021 - Veterinary Practice Manager in Tavares, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work, friendly.

Cons

Sometimes the management is off.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

Nov 22, 2021 - Client Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Takes priority of maintaining the health of the animals. Managers are almost always supportive and willing to help and guide.

Cons

It's a retail job, so you will always have to push products all the time and get sign ups and donations. So if you are looking to avoid the craziness of retail, this is not really the job for you. That, and part of the job is denying people the right to purchase an animal (if the customer seems like they will not be a good owner like by not listening to how to care for the pet, or refusing to buy food or necessary housing for the animal especially if they informed you they never had said pet before and have no resources for it) can be daunting at times since the potential owners get rather angry at the fact that we denied them. But at the same time, Petco's main guideline is they want animals going to a good home, that means telling some people no. So just be ready to be yelled at, but just know, the managers will almost always have your back.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Petco.