KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Current NSC Employee

Dec 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Petco recognizes that the retail environment is changing and is adapting it's business model to stay relevant. I am optimistic about the company's future! I appreciate and like the people I work . They are talented, collaborative and genuinely want to do the right things for the pets and guests we serve. I enjoy the casual work environment and can't say enough positive things about being able to bring your pet to work. It creates a work place that is family oriented. Our new CEO is focused and results driven. He has made an extraordinary effort to learn retail from the stores point of view.

Cons

Compensation and benefits are not competitive. San Diego is an expensive place to live and if Petco is looking to recruit and retain top talent, changes need to be made. We have a new CHRO and I am hopeful she will make significant changes. There are definitely growing pains with the new CEO. He has a talented and seasoned executive team. He demands a lot of their time which significantly impacts the teams they lead. As with most elements of business, there are two sides to the equation. I would like to see Ron better understand and appreciate retail and merchandising from the headquarters side.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful

Petco Response

Petco Experience Team

Thanks for your honest review. While we're happy to hear that you're your role with the Pet family, we regret to hear about your other concerns. We are constantly looking for new ways to innovate and improve your employee experience. We appreciate your input and will surely keep this feedback in mind.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Goood

Oct 27, 2021 - Veterinary Practice Manager in Tavares, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work, friendly.

Cons

Sometimes the management is off.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

I love it

Dec 2, 2021 - Dog Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Always room to move up

Cons

Compensation could improve in positions that move up within the company

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Petco.