Employee Review

Current Employee

On the right track

Dec 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Office: *Great Monday-Friday 8 to 5 schedule. * You can bring you pets to work with you, working for Petco gives you a sense of hope that you are helping make the world better for both pets, and pet parents every day.

Cons

Office: *Benefits: need critical updating/modernization. *Communication: While the executives are awesome at communicating/answering questions on where the company is going on a quarterly basis, there are next to no updates on changes or current plans from direct supervisors. *Workload: Some positions unwilling adopt more work than others, but never see a compensation for the workload that is added. *The biggest con I have felt from the Corporate level is that it feels like there is no drive or path for growth. You get the job you have, and if you try to branch out into other positions, it feels like you will burn bridges and hurt your reputation, more that learning and trying to grow within your company. It's terrible to feel so limited in a company you love being a part of, because you don't want to end up on someones bad side.

Continue reading

Petco Response

Petco Experience Team

We hear you loud and clear, and while we're happy to hear you enjoy the workspace and share pride in our mission, we also want you to know that we support you and your ambition to grow within the company. We will discuss your advice with our team, and look forward to what the future has in store. Thank you!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great job but position change

Sep 24, 2021 - Guest Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

You learn an extensive amount of animal care

Cons

The environment can get stressful

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Company to work for!

Oct 23, 2021 - Sales Associate in Reno, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people Fun work environment Work with animals Good management

Cons

Poor pay Karens No overtime Spiders

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Petco.