Petco - Awful! | Glassdoor

"Awful!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cedar Park, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Petco part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved the animals that would come in, and the customers had a passion for animals just like I do.

Cons

Completely Unorganized, training was almost nonexistent, manager talked bad about employees and customers, the store numbers were so bad the GM was about to get fired.

Other Employee Reviews for Petco

1. "Great experience I don't work there anymore however I had made lifetime friends their, the kind of people here care."

Former Employee - Companion Animal Specialist in Saint Ann, MO
    Former Employee - Companion Animal Specialist in Saint Ann, MO

I worked at Petco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get an opportunity to help animals and people equally if you take it serious.

Cons

The employees do excellent work however the pay could be better for the amazing service provided.

"Not what they used to be"

Current Employee - Grooming Assistant in Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Grooming Assistant in Windsor, CT

I have been working at Petco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The fellow employees(not upper management)are great to work with. Work goes by quickly when you get along with fellow co workers.

You gain lots of experience with animals and your knowledge increases all the time.

Cons

Management, this goes all the way to the top, can't be bothered with our concerns. Seems that the squeaky wheel just gets replaced with another, cheaper wheel.

There are some safety issues with improperly sized gloves and poor training.

Grooming associates don't get raises despite the hard work we do, and the risks we take. Commission doesn't always work, especially in low flow stores. We overcharge and there is no compensation to the staff. We get paid minimum wage and can't cover cost of living. I have to get state assistance and I work full time!

Advice to Management

Please listen to your employees. Act as if every complaint is one that will cost you your job if you dismiss it. Fire useless employees and actively look for better candidates. Your employees make the store run, help make a difference.