Employee Review

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Overworked

Jul 29, 2021 - Sales Associate in Port Chester, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice to help people with their pets and gain a bit of expertise about the animals while working retail--great for a pet lover who already has a bit of experience caring for animals of any kind.

Cons

Management was terrible, even as a new hire I was left completely alone on the floor and expected to help people throughout the large store and work the cash register at the same time, and I was chastised for not looking busy even when there was nothing I needed to do. I understand that a closing shift often involves staying a bit later than the end of your shift, but we were expected to meticulously "front face" for over an hour, and were chastised by management for leaving a single thing out of place or not as straight as it should be. Sorry, but as both a worker and a customer I don't understand the point of that.

2 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work

Jun 28, 2021 - Legal in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great values, smart team.

Cons

Never a dull moment and always busy.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Endless opportunity for ambitious individuals

Sep 14, 2021 - General Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Continuous opportunity for advancement if you have strong drive. Highly supportive upper management. Willing to negotiate salary with strong performers or exceptional candidates. Lots of freedom as general manager in hiring and the hourly of those individuals. Positive atmosphere, helpful peers. Super progressive policies in every way. Barriers between levels of management are quite transparent.

Cons

Labor models of publicly traded companies can feel tight at times, but with some experience underneath you it is not too difficult to navigate without over exerting yourself. Company moves quickly through prerogative, which is a good thing but can feel a but like a hurricane if you don't stay on top of it

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Petco.