Petco - Could have been better if I was manager :) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Petco

"Could have been better if I was manager :)"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Norwalk, CT
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Norwalk, CT

Pros

Awesome to work with pets
Great discounts for customers and employees
It's always a positive helping fellow pet enthusiasts find their products they desire

Cons

Hours can be a drag, when it's slow, and you're not really focused, the hours could go by very slow. Managers should be more flexible.

Advice to Management

Keep the condition of your fish department in better maintenance. This department always needs the most care and expertise. Think about it and you'll realize I am correct. :)

Other Employee Reviews for Petco

1. "Nice people, committed to pet health and happiness."

Current Employee - Grooming Assistant in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Grooming Assistant in Fort Collins, CO

Pros

I get to work with pets all day- what's not to love. Also, my coworkers are actually great people and my boss is really understanding of my school and personal schedule.

Cons

The money (or lack thereof) is my main complaint- I make minimum wage with no chance for a raise, while associates are eligible for raises.

Advice to Management

Listen to your grooming employees- we want to do things in the most efficient way, because, well, it benefits us.

"Ok as a place to get your feet wet"

Current Employee - CADM in North Riverside, IL
    Current Employee - CADM in North Riverside, IL

Pros

If you are looking for a place to build your resume I recommend petco. They will hire you with no experience and usually provide training.

Cons

The pay, at least at the north riverside location, is sub par. the training they provide though I'm sure it will depend on the store and the person giving it has proven in sufficient. and because they are currently fighting to become a publicly traded company the payroll is insufficient, I mean they do not give us enough hours to run the store.

Advice to Management

Pay a fair wage, assign enough hours for people to be able to do their jobs, provide a more comprehensive training program and give more opportunity for advancement.